Hackers have uncovered the dark side of cryptographythat device developed to defeat Trojan horses, viruses, password theft, and other cyber-crime. Its called cryptovirology, the art of turning the very methods designed to protect your data into a means of subverting it. In this fascinating, disturbing volume, the experts who first identified cryptovirology show you exactly what youre up against and how to fight back.
They will take you inside the brilliant and devious mind of a hackeras much an addict as the vacant-eyed denizen of the crackhouseso you can feel the rush and recognize your opponents power. Then, they will arm you for the counterattack.
This book reads like a futuristic fantasy, but be assured, the threat is ominously real. Vigilance is essential, now.
- Understand the mechanics of computationally secure information stealing
- Learn how non-zero sum Game Theory is used to develop survivable malware
- Discover how hackers use public key cryptography to mount extortion attacks
- Recognize and combat the danger of kleptographic attacks on smart-card devices
- Build a strong arsenal against a cryptovirology attack